We are looking for an experienced and qualified Head Chef to be in charge of the kitchen’s activities. You will be the first in command on sight and, participate in creating the menu, inspect the quality of the dishes before they arrive with the guest ensuring high quality and consistency.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and ordering, and any other activities in relation here to
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the guest
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Remedy any problems or defects and arrange for repairs with suppliers when necessary
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing, and training the kitchen team
- Plan and fill in the work schedule and approve hours
- Oversee the work of your team and estimate your teams’ workload
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a work climate of cooperation and respect between members of the team
- Work hours are mainly in the evenings and weekends
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and management skills
- Up to date and familiar with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Previous experience as Head Chef or as an Assistant Head Chef
- Proven successful kitchen management and KPI monitoring
- Credentials/Certificate in hygiene and safety training
- Preferable but not mandatory if you have a Degree in Culinary science or any equivalent/relevant education
About the company
Shuk is part of The Chow Co. family, a collection of food brands in Copenhagen that are all created and dedicated to helping you celebrate the little things in a big way.
Shuk (est. 2021) has one location in Copenhagen.
Shuk is the destination for any celebratory experience! Whatever our guests wish to celebrate: small, big, non-traditional, or traditional we got what you need. We like to see Shuk as a destination of good people, food, and smiles in a festive and down to earth atmosphere. The menu, as well as the venue, is a mix of everything we love from the Middeleast and a grand party. We believe that a celebration is nothing with a flat and boring vibe. With that in mind, we have things on and off the menu, that work as instruments for creating an amazing vibe. We see it as our responsibility to create the vibe, showing the way for our guests if needed.
For us, you are more the right person, than the right CV. We do everything in our power to make our work environment a positive and including place to be. We want you to feel comfortable and thrive with our guests and your team members. New team members that are interested in personal development and good work ethics is a good match for The Chow Co. family. The same goes for happy, extrovert, and self-aware individuals that naturally spreads positivity and happy vibes. Furthermore, we value empathy as the core of the team because it is the capacity to think beyond yourself and to see other people’s needs. We also highly value that everyone is kind and respectful to each other, even when things are stressful. Which it will be at times! We are a team working together to reach one goal: having a great time serving amazing celebratory experiences to everyone that walks in. If you can mirror yourself in any of the above, we want to hear from you ASAP!