We are looking for a professional Line Cook to prepare food after specifications, set up stations for service, and participate in service. Your duties will consist of assisting the Head Chef and Assistant Head Chef with their daily tasks.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report, and follow the Head Chefs instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory after specifications
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality, and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers
- Work hours are mainly in the evenings, late evenings, and weekends
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Good communication skills
- Good sense of urgency
- Able to work well in a team in a high paced environment
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Previous Line Cook or restaurant kitchen experience
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Preferable Credentials/Certificate in hygiene and safety training
- Preferable but not mandatory if you have a Degree in Culinary science or any equivalent/relevant education
About the company
Mæxico is part of The Chow Co. family, a collection of food brands in Copenhagen that are all created and dedicated to helping you celebrate the little things in a big way.
Mæxico has of two locations, Mæxico City (est. 2012) on Skindergade 36 in Copenhagen K and Mæxico Nørrebro (est. 2019) on Guldbergsgade 3 in Copenhagen N.
Mæxico is the destination for any celebratory experience! Whatever our guests wish to celebrate: small, big, non-traditional, or traditional we got what you need. We like to see Mæxico as a destination of good people, food, and smiles in a festive and down to earth atmosphere. The menu, as well as the venue, is a mix of everything we love from Mexico, California, and Denmark. A celebration is nothing with a flat and boring vibe. With that in mind, we have things on and off the menu, that work as instruments for creating an amazing vibe. We see it as our responsibility to create the vibe, showing the way for our guests if needed.
For us, you are more the right person, than the right CV. We do everything in our power to make our work environment a positive and including place to be. We want you to feel comfortable and thrive with our guests and your team members. New team members that are interested in personal development and good work ethics is a good match for The Chow Co. family. The same goes for happy, extrovert, and self-aware individuals that naturally spreads positivity and happy vibes. Furthermore, we value empathy as the core of the team because it is the capacity to think beyond yourself and to see other people’s needs. We also highly value that everyone is kind and respectful to each other, even when things are stressful. Which it will be at times! We are a team working together to reach one goal: having a great time serving amazing celebratory experiences to everyone that walks in. If you can mirror yourself in any of the above, we want to hear from you ASAP!