We are looking for an experienced and qualified Shift Manager to handle the daily service of the restaurant.
- Controls the flow and seatings throughout the shift
- Ensure each guest gets an excellent service experience and gracefully handle any complaints
- Supervise the service in the restaurant
- Must be aware of new menu items and specials and be able to answer all questions about the menu
- Control the FOH atmosphere and ensure that the lighting, music volume, and overall cleanliness are all being kept up for a great first impression
- Manage dining reservations on shifts and for future dates
- Balance the cash register at the end of the shift
- Open or close the restaurant (when responsible for the first or last shift)
- Inform the next Shift Manager about pending tasks
- Report maintenance and training needs to the restaurant manager
- Work hours are mainly in the evenings, late evenings, and weekends
- A customer service approach with the ability to manage complaints with professionalism
- This position must possess a personal and energetic personality to welcome and seat guests ensuring their needs are accommodated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great sense of urgency
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and following up on tasks
- Experience in the restaurant business
- Proven experience as a Shift Manager or relevant role in a restaurant
- Good knowledge of restaurant operations (like managing reservations and payments)
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Preferable Credentials/Certificate in hygiene and safety training
About the company
Shuk is part of The Chow Co. family, a collection of food brands in Copenhagen that are all created and dedicated to helping you celebrate the little things in a big way.
Shuk (est. 2021) has one location in Copenhagen.
Shuk is the destination for any celebratory experience! Whatever our guests wish to celebrate: small, big, non-traditional, or traditional we got what you need. We like to see Shuk as a destination of good people, food, and smiles in a festive and down to earth atmosphere. The menu, as well as the venue, is a mix of everything we love from the Middeleast and a grand party. We believe that a celebration is nothing with a flat and boring vibe. With that in mind, we have things on and off the menu, that work as instruments for creating an amazing vibe. We see it as our responsibility to create the vibe, showing the way for our guests if needed.
For us, you are more the right person, than the right CV. We do everything in our power to make our work environment a positive and including place to be. We want you to feel comfortable and thrive with our guests and your team members. New team members that are interested in personal development and good work ethics is a good match for The Chow Co. family. The same goes for happy, extrovert, and self-aware individuals that naturally spreads positivity and happy vibes. Furthermore, we value empathy as the core of the team because it is the capacity to think beyond yourself and to see other people’s needs. We also highly value that everyone is kind and respectful to each other, even when things are stressful. Which it will be at times! We are a team working together to reach one goal: having a great time serving amazing celebratory experiences to everyone that walks in. If you can mirror yourself in any of the above, we want to hear from you ASAP!